Chicagomuzik

I've got a whole city to hold down

November 18, 2004

White Stripes, silver screen

The White Stripes concert DVD Under Blackpool Lights will hit stores 12/7. Two days later (uh that's Thursday 12/9 for the math-challenged and calendar-phobic) the flick will screen "in select cities" ... including this one, at AMC River East 21.

Just the facts, from the Stripes-hypes at Press Here Publicity: "Shot entirely on super 8 and 16 mm film," "directed by Dick Carruthers, the man behind performance DVDs for Led Zeppelin and the Who," "contains 75 minutes of live footage culled from the Empress Ballroom in Blackpool, England in January 2004."

Setlist: When I Hear My Name/Black Math/Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground/I Think I Smell A Rat/Take A Whiff On Me/Astro/Outlaw Blues/Jack the Ripper/Jolene/Hotel Yorba/Death Letter/Do/The Hardest Button to Button/Truth Doesn't Make A Noise/The Big Three Killed My Baby/Wasting My Time/You're Pretty Good Looking/Hello Operator/Apple Blossom/Ball and Biscuit/Let's Shake Hands/I Fought Piranhas/Let's Build A Home/Goin' Back to Memphis/Seven Nation Army/De Ballit of De Boll Weevil