Chicagomuzik

I've got a whole city to hold down

April 06, 2004

Pixies pissin' us off, then redeeming themselves

Posted by Roy Stalin

I would add that the Pixies show in Minneapolis--at one of our smaller-cheesier-nigh-on-being-a sports-bar-venues-- has been Sold Out for many weeks. The club's website has this highly annoyed message for Pixie people:

"if you were one of the lucky ones to get a ticket good for you and hopefully you were thinking of your best friend and bought two..but if you weren't we are sorry to say that... tickets are SOLD OUT! There is NO need to call..Tickets are sold out! Please DO NOT call for tickets! It IS sold out.
There will be no guest list for this event. No passes including VIP cards will be accepted."

I think I speak for all us aging Gen Xers when I say that we are glad that Black and co. will be playing a decent sized venue (Roy Wilkins Auditorium in St. Paul, not Minneapolis as listed on some of the Pixies sites) in November.