Chicagomuzik

I've got a whole city to hold down

April 06, 2004

Newsflash - Kurt Cobain Still Dead!

Posted by Lazlo Hollyfeld

You can't turn your head this week without being reminded we're on the cusp of the 10th Anniversary of Kurt's suicide.

Tonight's Sound Opinions will discuss "Nirvana's Legacy". There's yet another book, putting forth the theory that Courtney had him killed. Etc....

Personally, this is not an event I'm interested in commemorating (but then again, I'm not writing a book or trying to fill two hours of a radio program).

Call me when it's February 20 of next year, and we can celebrate the day Kurt would've turned 38. I feel the same way about Elvis. I'd much rather watch a marathon of the King's movies on AMC the night of his birthday, than see the creeps lined up on Elvis Presley Blvd every August.